In front of the John Lennon Wall in Prague.




Wednesday, March 30, 2016

SOL 2016 Day 30: Taking What Others Give Us


Two Writing Teachers Slice of Life March Challenge 2016
This March, more than 300 teachers have committed to daily writing. If you’d like to read more “slices” (from other teachers and even students), visit: twowritingteachers.wordpress.com/challenges.

The best thing about this month-long blogging challenge has been reading other blogs and gathering ideas for writing along the way.  A few weeks ago I saw this format in someone's blog (I wish I had written down whose! Maybe someone out there will tell me who you are!). Then yesterday I read someone else's blog (again - why didn't I bookmark it?) using the same idea. Thank you to those now-anonymous bloggers. Next time, I will bookmark your blog:




Currently enjoying a time of peaceful solitude 

Listening to the refrigerator hum

Drinking my second cup of coffee

Wearing my weekend clothes on a Tuesday

Reading over my words as they flow from pen to paper

Feeling that familiar doubt that always creeps in

Wanting to banish that critic for today

Watching sun light slant across the living room floor

Needing to breathe in and out

Thinking of all the things I could be doing but am not

Enjoying the spring flowers blooming outside my window

7 comments:

  1. I love the "currently" format. It's a great snapshot of a moment. Your current moment is so peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have also enjoyed reading and learning from others during this fantastic month of March. I love this idea and will use it as well. Sounds like you had a relaxing Spring Break- mine starts next week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've noticed this format, too, and kept it for a dry writing day! I love the way light slants across the floor. Enjoy your solitude!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this: "Wearing my weekend clothes on a Tuesday"
    I have been wearing my weekend clothes all week and it is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the quietness of being able to hear the refrigerator hum and the vacation feel of weekend clothes on a Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete