In front of the John Lennon Wall in Prague.




Tuesday, March 29, 2016

SOL 2016 Day 29: Spring Break!


Two Writing Teachers Slice of Life March Challenge 2016
This March, more than 300 teachers have committed to daily writing. If you’d like to read more “slices” (from other teachers and even students), visit: twowritingteachers.wordpress.com/challenges.

Today I consider my first real day of Spring Break. I've been off for four days now, but  visiting family always takes a bit of work,  driving back and forth to visit Mom and Dad, Brother, Sister-in-Law and Niece takes energy. Wonderful to see them, but still some work.

This day I slept in, wrote my morning pages, then unpacked my suitcase and went out to buy groceries. Enough chores so that I didn't feel completely slothful.

But for the rest of the day, I did very little. I read a few pages of my new book and fell asleep in my chair. I watched some inane television shows, and fell asleep in my chair.

Yep, today feels like Spring Break.

3 comments:

  1. "I read a few pages of my new book and fell asleep in my chair."

    That's a summary of a perfect spring break day for me, too! Thanks for sharing this slice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great day! We all need days like that to rejuvenate. I agree- it is great to spend time with family, but it does take work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Smart planning to have the "work" part of break first. Enjoy the break part!

    ReplyDelete