In front of the John Lennon Wall in Prague.




Saturday, April 4, 2015

National Poetry Month: April 4, 2015



Today's Prompt from NaPoWriMo: So today, I challenge you to write a "loveless" love poem...and if you're not in the mood for love? Well, the flip-side of the love poem - the break-up poem...If that's more your speed at present, try writing one of those, but again, avoid thunder, rain, and lines beginning with a plaintive "why"? Try to write a poem that expresses the feeling of love or lovelorn-ness without the traditional trappings you associate with the subject matter.


Day 4:

Goodbye

I bent to pick up the socks,
black skins dropped where he had sat.
Anger burrowed into me unexpected, and I knew.
Here was nothing left to hold or caress.
My hands like strangers dropped
those limp scraps right back onto the floor.

3 comments:

  1. This is great stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! The end of the marriage/love affair, and all we see are his socks! This is an exquisitely unique perspective. Nicely done, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my friends said she felt sorry for the socks! Lisa

    ReplyDelete