In front of the John Lennon Wall in Prague.




Wednesday, April 1, 2015

National Poetry Month: April 1, 2015

It's that time again: National Poetry Month which means I'll be participating in NaPoWriMo once again. Last year I posted a haiku on my blog every day in April. This year I'm determined to post different types of poems each day. 


And if any of you want to write a poem to me, I'll post your work as well. 


So taking courage in hand (who in her right mind would post poems when they are newborn?), here goes.

 


Day 1:

Washing Dishes

White shards shattered,
scattered over the tile floor.
The plate flew past his head,
like in a movie
she had once watched,
like she had often imagined.

How it started doesn’t matter.
A bird trapped in her cage,
approval the worm she craved.
Not his half hidden glance
as he turned away,
derision written in the curve of his lips.

As she wiped that plate dry,
warm from its bath,
porcelain smooth,
this time her hand
knew the reply
she had never dared.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment