In front of the John Lennon Wall in Prague.




Friday, January 27, 2012

One Woman's Day

The inaugural post for my blog has just been re-posted at One Woman's Day, a blog hosted by The Story Circle Network, an online resource for writer-women.  You can read the entire post by clicking on the link above.

January 27 – The Teacher/Poet or Poet/Teacher?

by Lisa Rizzo

Today a funny thing happened in my middle school classroom. The teacher stopped “teaching” and became a writer being interviewed by her students. We were watching a video about an author of one of the stories in their textbook. When it was over, someone asked me what my writing routine was. I’ve told my students that I write poetry and have always written poems with them for classwork. But I’ve never really just talked to them about who I am as a writer, what I do and why I do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment